Tariq Muhammad - CEO
Tariq started out as a self-employed pharmacist and went on to set up Pharmacy Plus, an exciting company that had acquired 22 pharmacies across the South West by 2002 and which developed into a new brand of service-led pharmacies allowing pharmacists to play a significant role in medicines management and health outcomes.
Whilst at Pharmacy Plus, Tariq oversaw the development of the Proactive Care System, the first electronic barcoding system for medication designed to achieve safety at the point of administration by nurses in care homes and replace paper medicines administration records. Having acquired the Intellectual Property Rights for PCS, he set up Invatech Health, a technology company that is innovating in pharmacy and related sectors. Tariq developed additional solutions for care home medicines management which are now known under the re-branded name of Atlas. The Atlas family is now the market leader in electronic medicine management systems for care homes.
Some key achievements:
- Created one of the first 'hub and spoke' pharmacy models in the UK (Pharmacy Plus).
- Was the first to introduce the concept of electronic medicines administration in the UK.
- Pioneered a revolutionary concept of remote supervision allowing pharmacists to manage medicines supply off-site.
- Challenged the pharmacy profession to think differently about its work processes and contributed to changes in legislation.
- Created a bespoke PMR system for use in the company that enabled these models to be created.
In 2016, Tariq embarked on his most ambitious project yet. To create the next generation PMR system for pharmacy. Not just a PMR, but a platform that will change the way that pharmacy operates and carves out new possibilities for the future of the profession. That project is Titan and now complete.
What’s so exciting about Invatech?
I am proud to lead a highly skilled team of individuals who, like myself, passionately believe in the role that pharmacy has to play in delivering healthcare services to patients. Our shared vision to make a difference to patient care by equipping pharmacists with better technology, propels us relentlessly towards our goal. The speed, agility and creativeness under which we develop solutions and solve problems make Invatech a thoroughly enjoyable environment to work in. As our products come to fruition and deliver on our objectives, we look forward to helping pharmacists not only change the way they operate, but also change the way they are perceived.